Thursday, January 25, 2007

all hooked up

Lars was a champ tonight dealing with the wire up his nose, tape across his face & up his nose, two IV's, not being able to use his right hand or stand up at all (IV on foot), not having been fed for like 21 hours- That's quite a lot on his little two-year-old-plate.

Joa has a lot on his eight-year-old-plate, too. He's worried about his brother, his moms are fried & not too patient with him, he's not sleeping much, and he just wants everyone to be back home again. He's excited that grandma came, though, and I think looking forward to the weekend. Such an amazing boy, that Joa. Here's his Andy Warhol (that's a can of campbell's soup on his head): Should have gotten a photo of Craig--he came by with Heather's amazing spaghetti pie, bread and mini wicked whoopies for dinner. What a yummy, yummy treat. Thanks to Lars' buddy Chase for helping with that cooking project, too. Mmmmm.

We have our fourth roommate since this morning. Was it something we said?

Lars has been sleeping peacefully for over an hour. I should go to bed but I'm such an introvert & so crave quiet alone time that I stay up half the night to get it.

So no news is no news. Not as good as something treatable, but better than finding some small abnormality & attributing all the pain to a false cause.

What they'll do with us when this impedance study is done tomorrow afternoon is anyone's guess. We haven't had a chance to ask that question.

Turns out Lars has four factors that increase likelihood of celiac disease: intracranial calcifications, microcephaly, family history of type I diabetes, and family history of lupus. During the endoscopy they did many biopsies, and celiac disease is one of them. We shall see.

Andey & I are going to both be here tonight because of the complications. She went home for the evening; I have to leave at 5:30 in the morning to go run a group in Worcester tomorrow. Then I'll fly back out here & let Andey go to work tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
When I got to work yesterday your blog address was on the white board. I have been reading Lars story and I just want you and all your family to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you have lots of friends and support but if there is anything I can do to help I am willing. 978-486-9110 I know how hard it is not to have answers and the tightrope walk of wanting to know but only wanting something that can be fixed. May the fellowship of your friends sustain you on this journey.
Susan LaSante