Wednesday, September 05, 2007

back in school

Well the bus didn't work out yesterday, so Andey missed an hour of morning work & brought Lars to school, I left work 5 hours early & picked him up. We were not about to let incompetence on someone else's part keep him from his first day of school.

It was fabulous, of course. He was happy & excited to be back. Tired, too. So thrilled about school he couldn't possibly nap yesterday, except 5 minutes, so he was exhausted & fell asleep early. He'll get used to this schedule again.

I attended closing circle with Lars & his buddy Eleanor, who is very happily now in his class. 100% sweet & adorable.

And the bus actually showed up this morning, albeit 20 minutes after it came last year. I'll be curious to hear whether they made it in time. Seemed like I spent basically all of yesterday on the phone in various states of irritation and irateness; as of yesterday afternoon @ 2:00 they still claimed they had no idea Lars got out @ 12:30, different from the other two kids that go from Marlborough to Perkins, who get out @ 2:30.

Will he get picked up @ 12:30 today? Stay tuned...

Wednesdays this semester I drive directly from work to my class at umass boston & won't get home 'til probably 11. Thursday morning 4:45 will come early, methinks. Kills me not to see the boys for 24 hours like that. Joa's asleep in the morning, so I won't see him from Tuesday night until Thursday afternoon :-(

No comments: