Saturday, September 08, 2007

Happy Half-Birthday to Lars

Today Lars is 3 1/2.
Yee haw. I put a little age counter at the bottom of this web page so I can always know just how old he is without taxing my tired brain.

Weighed in at 39.4 pounds yesterday & he's almost 3 1/2 feet, too. Big guy. The days of being able to hold him in one arm & cruise around the kitchen preparing food or meds are over & he now has to spend more time in his swing, hammock, chair, and on the floor.

Lars "celebrated" his 3 1/2 birthday by basically staying up all night. After his bath & dinner yesterday, just before bed, he threw up 3 times in a row. Absolutely everything came up & out. So back into the bath, adaptive stroller cushions & covers into the wash, etc.. Didn't know if he had a stomach bug or what, so ran his nighttime feed very slowly. He just couldn't sleep. I was way down on sleep for the week, because of my schedule & stuff I have to do right now, so the night was very crazy-making for me. I think also because he's been sleeping soooo much better than he used to, we have become accustomed to being able to sleep a good part of the night even if we're on Lars duty. Why does the occasional bad night then become even harder to manage? It's not normal any more, I guess. Which is good, until it's bad.

Wednesday I drove directly from work in Worcester to UMass Boston for my night class & the professor didn't show up. There were 10 or 15 of us there waiting. Eventually we wrote a note with our email addresses & stuck it under someone's door. The next day we get an email saying the course had been cancelled & we should be sure to check our UMB email for announcements like that. I didn't even know I had a UMB email address & in spite of 90 minutes of trying after that, I was unable to access it. But I found an equivalent course offered at Lesley on Tuesday evenings, which I can hopefully shoehorn into my schedule & use a voucher for. It could be way better.

Yesterday Joa & I decided that we should spend the afternoon swimming while Andey slept in preparation for working. I said let's wait for Lars to come back on the school bus & go to Hopkinton State Park & swim in the lake. Joa insisted we instead go to the warm pool @ Fernald. Okay, so I raced back from a meeting in Worcester, picked up Joa & Gannon, drove to Perkins & picked Lars up & all of us drove to Fernald to go swimming. Sign on the door: "pool closed sorry." Arguh. But we drove to Hopkinton State & spent the afternoon in the cool cool lake instead. Which we all agreed was way better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHH! Joa - I just found your swimming fins at my house. Would you like me to mail them to you? Sorry you didn't have them for your recent swimming adventure.