Friday, June 29, 2007

great week except for the heat

Okay, acceptable temperature outside again. Mama & Larsy do NOT do well with heat. Terrible terrible. We melt. We whine. We cry. We complain bitterly. We are miserable & do a pretty good job of making people around us miserable, too.

In the middle of this & other dramas, I got the earthshakingly bright idea to stop taking the last of my post-hysterectomy estrogen. Because I really enjoy feeling homicidal & wiped out & powering major hot flashes in the middle of this outdoor earthly hot flash?? No, because money is tight & I didn't want to pay the $20 a month. Oy weh. Needless to say, the night before last I said to heck with that & drove to CVS. Waiting for it to kick in. TIck. Tick.

In other news, this morning Andey & I sang on Lars' "news from home" BIGmack switch:
Larsy you can drive my car
Yes I'm gonna be a star
Larsy you can drive my car
And baby I love you
Beep beep'm beep beep yeah

It travels back & forth to school with news from his day. He pushes the switch to activate the recording. He loves it.

Boys & I tried to go to a free concert yesterday afternoon. Got all dressed up & drove to Boston, directions in hand, but couldn't find it. So disappointing. Drove home. Lars & Andey went to Holliston after dinner to look at the piano. Wow! Possible some volunteers from Outdoor Explorations, the fabulous group we went camping with, are going to try to move the piano for us in their van. Amazing.

Gramma (Andey's mom) & Grandpa Terri (Andey's step father) are coming on Monday. Yeah! We're all excited.

No comments: