Thursday, March 22, 2007

painful day, but not for Lars

Lars had a great day. I didn't.

It was incredibly painful for me to sign "I accept the placement" on Lars' IEP this morning. I tried to find some place in me convinced this is an appropriate placement. Wasn't able to do that, so the process was of signing that I accept what I know to be wrong for my son.

I didn't think I had the time or space to deal with my feelings, as I was getting ready for work, but my body laughed at me: "Oh yeah?" said she. "You want to try to pretend that wasn't painful? I'll show you how painful that was."

By the middle of the day I was lying on the floor at work with a blanket & pillow kindly brought in by my supervisor, shades drawn, trying just to get through the worst of the migraine. A colleague drove me home & I went to bed all afternoon. Still now some pain, feel hung over, but can at least tolerate low light & low noise, & focus my eyes.

Who am I to think that might not have happened?

Next visit to the school, with kids this time, is tomorrow morning at 9:00. We'll both be there with Lars.

Fabulous photos Denise took @ Lar's b-day party are now posted below on the party blog entry . So sweet.

No comments: