Tuesday, February 13, 2007

711 again

We're back in room 711. I like coming back to the same room on the same floor. So far we've been familiar with all the nurses & CA's we've seen tonight. Good folk.

Lars is sleeping now (yeah) and we're settling in. They put a catheter in down in the ER to get some sterile urine for a test. I happened to have my guitar out so I made up a song about "hey, that's my favorite toy; who said you could play with my toy? my moms told me it was all mine & I didn't have to share it" - the nurse was laughing so hard Andey told me to stop so she could put the catheter in. It was pretty fun.

When we left to come up to our room, Andey heard our nurse say to someone, "I can't believe they're leaving." I guess we'd been entertaining her for quite some time with guitar & singing through all the procedures. She was great.

So this is our first admission under CCS & we just got our first visit from Dr. Sneakers. Sweet kid. About 20, horn-rimmed glasses, converse high-tops, 5 o'clock shadow, white T-shirt & wool pants from salvation army. Easy to talk with. All the nurses in the ER raved about the CCS docs & how wonderful they all are.

Waiting on meds now.

Andey & I both worked on a place for Joa to go tonight, without communicating with each other. Oops. So he had two different offers. Talked with Joa around bedtime & he was doing okay. A little teary. Expressed clearly that he just really wanted to be at home. We promised him that after tonight one of us would be at home with him, if at all possible, and that we'd take turns like we usually do when Lars is in the hospital. He's turning 8 1/2 a week from tomorrow.

Got the dog covered thanks to Tamara & Sarah. More delicious bakery goodies arrived from Kathleen. Many, many thanks.

Will update in the morning. G'night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa and Andey,


First, Happy Belated Anniversary! How wonderful for the both of you!!

Try to keep those spirits up! Please give Lars a hug and kiss from his friend Tyler. We are thinking of you guys and keeping you in our thoughts daily!

~ Love, Kelly, Tony, and Tyler