Thursday, January 11, 2007

the night, dream follow-up

Larsy was so happy to be home! He slept on the way, then woke up as soon as they pulled in the driveway. We had a lovely few minutes with all of us in the living room together. Joa was exhausted, but really soaking that up. He's a Whole Family kind of guy. The little Lars grin when he fully realized he was home, no IV in his hand, was precious.

Lars then had trouble going back to sleep, fussy & whiny. Did he miss all the random noises of the hospital? Andey was the offical LarsMom last night, so I can't give all the details, but from what I heard he spent a fair amount of time awake, but not upset.

I love my job, but wow was it difficult to drag myself out of bed this morning. Coffee.

I told you a couple nights ago how a friend was going to incubate a dream for her & Lars. Here's the stunningly beautiful result:

"Dream: Lars and I moved through thick cloud cover, holding hands. Then clear cold air hitting our faces, moving so fast, laughing. It felt like dancing. Enormous space. That's the best I can put this one into words."

And indeed, it came to pass.

No comments: