Tuesday, January 09, 2007

long night, long morning

Okay I'm officially tired. Lars was up, restless & uncomfortable for most of the night, starting right before I got ready to go to sleep. The only solid sleep that was to be had was between 6 & 7:30 this morning. He was on IV drip overnight, so he got re-hydrated, which was wonderful. Both of us soaked head to toe in urine wasn't as fun, but hey it's a small price to pay for hydration.

He was a little fussy when he first started eating this morning, but after a 20 minute break he ate like a champ with no apparent pain (!) (knock on wood): GO LARS!!!!! Then he wanted to be held & danced & walked & bounced for 3 1/2 hours until he fell asleep around 1:30 or so. He was very much against being set down for even half a minute, so my arms, back & neck are reeling. Andey just arrived & is rescuing me for a while. We're waiting to see how he does with waking from the nap, with his next meal, and with a bowel movement, which he hasn't had since he got all cleaned out Sunday. The docs have given him outpatient referrals to the allergy clinic to run IgE levels and RAST assays to test for food allergies, to the GI department, and to CCS, the coordinated care service for children with complex medical needs.

Ruth just came to visit !! Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello to all! I am so sorry for the little Lars man. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I started my job Monday. I will keep reading. Love to all of you.Kim and Co.