Monday, January 29, 2007

MRI tomorrow

Jockey Doc came in apologetically and said that the MRI has been moved to tomorrow because of the anesthesia thang. Oh well.

Several folks have inquired as to the implications of Jockey Doc's name. It's because he looks like his alternate career could have been on horseback at the races. He's a nice guy.

At about 5 this morning our roommate slot filled with people: 2 adults, 2 teenagers & a little boy, all coughing & wildly contagious. Signs went up on the door for "contact precautions" and "droplet precautions," meaning docs & nurses coming in are supposed to wear gowns & gloves & masks.

I'm trying to visualize this curtain between our halves of the room somehow a germ barrier. I don't think 30 seconds go by without someone coughing over there.

Those of you whose emails I haven't answered, please forgive me. I'm way behind on email.

Nonetheless I'm going to try to sleep a bit with Lars now.

No comments: