Thursday, February 22, 2007

home tomorrow?

Too good to be true?? If all continues to go well, we may go home tomorrow afternoon or evening. What a fabulous thought. Today is our 30th day in the hospital during 2007.

Rough Lars night. Waking frequently & much difficulty settling back down. Wants Mama close & holding hands, whispering sweet reassuring words. I'm struggling to settle, too, because evening nurse was at best sloppy, at worst incompetent. Tried to flush IV line with a syringe full of air. So glad I saw those bubbles running through the tube before they got into his vein.

Denise was here all evening with me- just left a few minutes ago. Lisa was here this morning & afternoon. Long phone call with CBT. Mmmm those friends keep me going.

I'm going to try to sleep. I'm sure I have many more wake-ups tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Just wanted to say, I've now read this whole blog, and I think all four of you are amazing people, both individually and as a family. Thank you for letting me hang out at Joa's half-birthday party!

Molly