Monday, October 02, 2006

Lars goes rollerblading

Joa & Gannon were invited to a friend's birthday party yesterday at Roller Kingdom & by a couple of flukes--Andey sleeping, Joa feeling sensitive--Lars & I ended up being there. Last time he was there, Lars was very upset & cried the whole time, but this time he loved it. We were having a grand time & I was watching a dad-aged gentleman who was by far the best & most graceful skater on the rink. I wished out loud in front of Tamara that Lars could feel what it's like to glide around the rink with him, and she promptly said, "I'm going to ask him if he'll do it." After clearing it with management, he gladly accepted and held Lars while doing about ten laps around. Lars LOVED it, as you can imagine. The beautiful skater gentleman's daughters subsequently fell in love with Lars & essentially played with him the rest of our time there.... I kept humming one of Lars' theme songs that pops into my head with regularity: "That is why all the girls in town follow you all around. Just like me, they long to be close to you."

No comments: